When I said my dream was to run an award-winning blog, this is not what I had in mind…
Okay, so the Liebster Award is a sort of blogger-to-blogger baton. I was asked eleven questions by the always interesting Kelly at Mischief Managed, and when I’m done I’ll ask eleven questions to people of my choosing.
I suppose this is a chance for you all to learn something you may not know about me. I hope you enjoy this.
So let’s do this.
1. If you could have any pet in the world, illegal or not, what would you get?
I want a wolf. Not a big dog, but a real wolf. That would be great. I’ve always loved werewolves and any story with wolves in it. I’d call her Rhea and I’d take her everywhere. Who would argue with me? I have a wolf.
2. What was your favourite cartoon growing up?
I spent most of my childhood watching cartoons. Choosing one is a little cruel. I loved Sailor Moon and Jem, and I’d watch anything in the DC Animated Universe…
But my favourite by far was Gargoyles. And I think it deserves its own post.
3. Coolest thing you’ve ever been for Halloween?
When I was in middle school, I was the Bride of Frankenstein. I went to karate in the white bridesmaid dress that I’d worn for my auntie’s wedding. It was splattered with fake blood, a little ripped… it was great.
Incidentally, it’s ridiculously hard to do a side kick in petticoats. But I won Best Costume and got a box of Celebration. Totally worth it.
4. What’s your dream job?
I want to be a university lecturer. That wish was strengthened when I went to university. Lecturers have the power to inspire countless people through their teachings and works. I’m getting a small taste now as a postgraduate, and I love it. I can definitely see myself doing this for the rest of my life.
5. When it’s New Year’s, do you make New Year Resolutions and actually commit to them?
I don’t because I can’t. I am the worst at that sort of thing.
6. Which horror movie scared you the most?
All horror movies scare me, but Candyman holds a special place in my heart for being the creepiest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I don’t trust people who can say his name and not flinch.
7. Strangest food you’ve eaten?
Strange, I’m not sure. I don’t mind mixing my foods in to concoctions. There was a fruit we had to try in high school for Fairtrade week in high school though… it looked like frog spawn and tasted like a swamp. It was vile. Anyone know what that was?
8. Do you play an instrument?
I did violin lessons when I was younger, but I did not have a talent for it. I stopped in high school, and I think that my mam was thankful for it. There are only so many times a person can hear Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star off-key before they crack.
9. Do you swear in front of your parents?
Constantly. I am a stressed out individual who doesn’t drink or smoke. I think I should be allowed one vice. And generally, the cursing is deserved.
10. Someone offers you a chance at immortality. Do you take it?
Only if I’m getting eternal youth as well and the ability to forge a new identity for myself. I’d study everything I wanted. Learn Classics and History, get a grasp of science… Though you could give me eternity and I still wouldn’t finish writing this novel.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I want to go Athens or Rome. I want to see the tributes to the gods and the jewels of ancient cultures. Plus Rome has the Shelley-Keats house, and John Keats is always and forever my love.
So those were my questions from Kelly. I hope you learned something about me from this. I feel like someone of my mystery as a blogger has disappeared. Yes, I’m the woman who gets angry about Glee, but I also can’t play violin. These are new facts to you.
This is the part where I’m meant to choose some followers and bloggers to answer my questions. Honestly, I’m not a fan of the social contract. Instead, I leave this as an open invitation to anyone reading this. I hope you’ll do it and you’ll let me know it’s done.
Here are my questions:
- Who was your first celebrity crush? (If you are aro/ace, tell me your first celebrity idol)
- What was the colour of your favourite bedroom?
- Have you ever pulled an all-nighter?
- What’s the longest you’ve ever spent just reading?
- If you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favourite day of the year?
- What is the most comfortable thing you’ve ever worn?
- Would you ever move abroad?
- Is there anything you’re afraid of doing right now?
- Who is the most important woman in your life?
- Do you wanna build snowman?
And so, dear readers, we reach the end of another post.
In lieu of my usual end of post questions, I invite you to answer any of the above in the comments section, or doing your own Liebster Award post. You all deserve them.
Let me know your thoughts!